Home Community Calendar Links Bios Blogs Store Contact Us
It is currently Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:24 am

View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:28 am 
Founding Member
Founding Member

Has liked: 529 times
Have likes: 476 times
I tend to be a little OCD when it comes to things I enjoy in life, but I like it that way!!!! The good thing is, I'm usually not the type that creates brand new hobbies all the time. I usually commit to something and stick with it. This brings me to my gear-junkie status!!!

I constantly buy new running stuff. Some I need, most I don't but I love trying new out near running-related items. For example, last Friday I bought 2 new pair of Injinji socks, some PI arm warmers, and a NB fuel belt. I'm a bargain shopper, but also an impulse buyer. When I see a bargain, I don't hesitate. Have I mentioned I have about 40 pair of running socks? Isn't that crazy? I wouldn't have it any other way!!!

I have no idea why I wanted to tell you this, just thought I would share! :walk:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:52 am 
Site MVP
Site MVP

Has liked: 737 times
Have likes: 336 times
Sometimes, we have to confess to people to keep going. haha Glad we're here for you.

I NEED more running socks. I grew up POOOOOOR so the fact that I have 2 pair of running shoes at the same time is amazing to my mind, I still feel like a poor person, and probably always will no matter how much money I have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:00 am 
Founding Member
Founding Member

I won't mention that I have about 8 pair of running shoes, #-o

I grew up poor too but I always found a way to get it done. I was the kid who had a newspaper route at age 11 because I had to have the new Jordans. My parents were the blue light special only people and that just wouldn't work!!! I got into DVD's a few years ago and had over 700 when I sold them this summer. My wife really loves this part of me. It goes over really well. 8-[

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:10 pm 
Sponger
Sponger

Has liked: 1 time
Have likes: 17 times
My Adidas running socks have treated me well. Now, I do have like 20-30 pair of them, but they're all the same. I do have a few pair of other brands that I like, but they're not as cheap, so I only buy them when I see them clearanced.

I'm back down to two pair of shoes, because I had to retire a pair from running duty, due to my ever-awkward gait. I think I might switch up brands for the next pair... Possibly Brooks, maybe Mizuno.

Since I've been back into running, I've forced myself to use other brands, because in a few other hobbies of mine (audio), I always preach about not having a "brand boner"... Which I've always held since I got into soccer, years ago. Adidas was the only brand I would buy. Every set of studs I've ever owned have been Adidas... Every pair of shorts... etc. It's turned out well. I own one pair of Adi running shorts, and don't much care for them, compared to the Reebok's or Brook's or even the Nike's.

PR's: 400m-0:58 || 1mi-5:12 || 5K-19:11 || 10K-40:42 || Half-1:32:xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:01 pm 
Founding Member
Founding Member

I have a pair of Adidas Boston LT that I wore yesterday for the 1st time on the road. Great shoes. Perfect fit.

I've gotten out of the need for certain name brands. As a teenager, it was "cool"(yea, right) to have certain things but thankfully I grew out of that. I don't really care about the brand as much as the quality. As mentioned tons of time on here and RW, C9 athletic gear at Target is pretty good quality. Most of the running shoes out there are decent quality so its a matter of fit. For me, running socks are of huge importance to my running. I have a few tech shirts from Wal-Mart that work just fine. Its all about the clearance and sale for me. My attitude is if its not on sale now, it will be soon. I'm just OCD about continuing to buy things. ](*,)

View unread posts | View new posts | View your posts